10 Words. . .
Use the 10 words below to write a story
Word Power by Marty P.
Wise Guys by Audrey W.
Faking Out The Phantom by Vanessa Sgroi
30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Whisper
1. Defenestrate: "throw somebody or something out of window: to throw something or somebody out of a window (formal or humorous)"
Garbology: "study of waste materials: the study of a cultural group by an
examination of what it discards"
3. Digerati: "computer experts: people who have or claim to have a sophisticated expertise in the area of computers, the Internet, and the World Wide Web"
1. "places at opposite sides of world: places at opposite sides of the world from each other, or the areas at the side of the world opposite from a given place"
2. "opposites: two points, places, or things that are diametrically opposite each other"
5. Hallux: "first digit on the foot: the big toe on the human foot, or the first digit on the hind foot of some mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians (technical)"
1. "not effective: with no useful result or practical purpose"
2. "worthless: with little or no value"
3. "lazy: unwilling or uninterested in working or being active (archaic)"
7. Cullet: "glass to be recycled: broken or waste glass returned for recycling"
1. "clear in meaning: easy to understand or clear in meaning (formal)"
2. "transparent: allowing all or most light to pass through (literary)"
9. Borborygmus: "stomach rumble: the rumbling sounds made by the movement of gases in the stomach and intestine (technical)"
10. Embrangle: "perplex somebody: to confuse, perplex, or entangle somebody or something (archaic)"